Herein I expel my spells and rituals into a more permeable membrane, recording them for both perusal and engagement.
This most recent of Sundays I cast a darkened brew, sweetened with roast gourdflesh, and spiced with an array of aromatics. Recursing to the last happenstance I made manifest a mistake in marking malt, so instead of having 15.85# of grain I had 11.94#, which is an interesting twist given that the idea was to brew a stronger and richer version of the previous batch, done for a birthday celebration for a friend I'd not seen in years.
At any rate our grist then stands at:
- 4.5# UK Maris Otter
- 4.5# GR Light Munich
- 1.5# US Malted Oats
- 0.5# BL Biscuit
- 0.5# GR Caramunich III
- 0.25# UK Pale Chocolate
- 0.25# GR Carafa III
Hops mainly exist in this beer to solely prevent it from being cloyingly sweet, but that bitterness should also bring some additional complexity to the mouthfeel. The real star is the spice blend here, most stuff only got boiled for 5m and then steeped for an additional 15m after flameout, but the roasted pumpkin went in along with the hops as soon as I got the kettle on the burner.
- 2.75# Roasted sugar/pie pumpkin - First Wort
- 1 oz 17.5% US Summit hops - First Wort
- 25g Cacao nibs - 5m, flameout 15m
- 10g (2 pods) New Mexico red chili - 5m, flameout 15m
- 8g Cinnamon - 5m, flameout 15m
- 6g Fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped - 5m, flameout 15m
- 3g Nutmeg pieces - 5m, flameout 15m