- Respectful and considerate behavior is expected. Do not insult, abuse, or harass anyone. Aggressive language, slurs, and threats of any capacity will not be tolerated. Be mindful of language. I fucking love swearing, so that’s fine, but don’t use language that has been historically used to demean people and groups.
- No spam. Sharing cool stuff is fine (especially if you made it!), but participate in conversation, too! It's fine to just post advertisements for work or for your Kickstarter, but it's appreciated when you comment and interact with other people's works and threads.
Note: This rule does not apply when you're behind the denny's. Spam all you want.
- Keep it (mostly) SFW! Nothing explicit or pornographic, but some sensitive images are okay. You won't get banned for posting a painting with a nipple in it or some cartoony blood, but put it in spoil tags and add a warning.
- Exercise best judgement on conversations - use spoil tags along with content warnings if you're talking about something potentially upsetting. The topic description is a great place for content warnings, and sensitive content can be hidden with spoil tags.
Code: Select all
[spoiler] CONTENT HERE [/spoiler]_______
- Don’t be a bigot. Misogyny, racism, queer/trans/homophobia, and bigotry of all kinds are not tolerated. Hateful ideology, as well as deliberate spread of misinformation, are not allowed in any circumstance. Do not make assumptions of community members' experience or lack-of in TTRPGs and gaming.
-> As a followup to this, respect people’s pronouns. If you do not know someone's pronouns, ask. There is a a field in the User Control Panel to fill out your own pronouns.
- Discussion is cool, but don’t let it get heated. If things get intense, you’ll be requested to stop, or to take it to PMs or off-site.
-> As an extension, politics are fine to discuss, but keep the bigot and discussion rules in mind.
- Don’t reveal personal information about anyone, unless they consent to it.
- Share the spotlight - be mindful of when you're speaking over other's experiences, and make sure you make room in the conversation for a variety of perspectives and thoughts.
- Please introduce yourself in the Introductions forum when you arrive. Let us know what we should call you, what you're here for, what you're working on - whatever you're comfortable with sharing.
- Absolutely no hate threads. Discussion of events is one thing, but threads should not devolve into constant hate, regardless of the target.
these are the rules. read them. not knowing the rules is not an excuse for not following them.
rules & announcements & introductions
1 post • Page 1 of 1